Company: South Florida Proton Therapy Institute
Location: Delray Beach
Job Title: Clinical Programmer
Reports to: Head of Physics
Type of position: Full Time. Operating hours are from M-F 6:00am – 9:30pm.
A clinical programmer is responsible for coordinating and monitoring the flow of clinical data throughout the practice information systems. They analyze and evaluate clinical data, recognize inconsistencies, and initiate the resolution of data problems. They would be expected to gather information from users, defines work problems, develop, test and deploys software scripts and/or applications.
- Provide review and input to the development of scripts and applications that define program requirements used to generate analysis datasets, tables, listings and figures.
- Provide programming support for operations activities such as data transfers, clinical reporting and administrative reporting based on specifications.
- Support the development, validation, and execution of scripts in accordance with established specifications as needed for the reporting and presentation of data
- Provide technical support for the automation of operations activities.
- Adopt and incorporate standardized programming methods including departmental standards and program libraries.
- Develop positive relationships with the clinical staff to facilitate problem resolution, and enhance the integrity of data and operations.
- Prepare, document, and test required programs and procedure data displays in an efficient manner for inclusion in integrated clinical, statistical reports and other similar reports.
- Effectively document and communicate requirements, timelines, and progress of deliverables/projects.
- Provide weekly feedback to the departmental head on the progress of deliverables/projects.
- Follow department and company standards in programs, datasets, and directory structure.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of programming procedures and related training activities.
- Ability to utilize SAS to read in and output datasets, perform common data manipulations, basic use of macro language, basic data summarization and analysis procedures.
- Stay current on new protocols and coding standards. May need to attend user group meetings, read related publications, or take vendor-supplied courses and/or interface with vendor technical personnel.
- Maintain documentation of applications or scripting functions.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to learn new programming languages, technology, tools, and processes
- Must be able to self-educate and learn on the job
- SQL experience, preferably with multiple Data Base Management systems
- Familiarity with Treatment Planning Systems (TPS) for radiation oncology
- Experience with Aria EMR
- A BS degree or equivalent in computer science or mathematics discipline.
PLEASE SEND ALL APPLICATIONS TO email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org